Around the bend is the future

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Looking Forward

It is amazing to me how completely my life has changed in the last 3 years.
In a lot of ways for the good, and in some not so good.
Last year I was in my own home, with a business {I was working very hard to hold on to} but no money.
2 years before that I was [I thought] happily married to a man I adored and believed I would love till I died.
Having opened a beautiful salon, I wanted so badly to succeed at, mainly so we would have some sort of retirement. Living in a small town on the eastern shore of Maryland.

I am now living in California. And it is wonderful! Other than Hawaii, it is my favorite place to live.
I moved from LA up to Carmel, but things didn't work out quite the way I imagined.
The salon I was to work in was not as busy as I was led to believe, and the owner is controlling and crazy.

So, I am once again LA bound.

This is actually a good thing. I love the city! There is lots of energy, and things to do day and night.
Like New York, you can go out any time and find what you want.
Plus I have friends there.

There are plenty of salons there for me to find the right fit.  Early in my career, having a natural talent for it, I chose to specialize in hair color and now coming full circle I know I made the right choice.

My divorce from He-who-must-not-be-named [for you Harry Potter fans] is proceeding, and of course he blames me for everything. I still think of him often. And hope that someday I wont.

That is normal right?

Well, it has been a long time now, and someday soon my life will be settled in a positive way.

I think it is so hard for me because the love I felt for so long ended so abruptly. Without any explanation.

Well I am not the first to go through this, and I wont be the last. Sad, sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment