Around the bend is the future

Saturday, April 16, 2011

beat death again

I was almost killed a couple of days ago.

I was driving up to see my brother Billy in Grand Junction from Santa Fe and my GPS took me over the Red Mountain Pass..
That is 11000 ft. small skinny road, shear drop on both sides. Well I got 1/2 way up and was hit by a blizzard. Iced up wind shield wipers, no chains on my tires, and the road was covered in ice. I couldn't see the road as there was a white out. I came around a switch back and there was a cop in the road. Someone had gone off the road around the bend and all you could see was the tires sticking out of the trees. It was a red SUV.
Then if that wasn't bad enough, my car started to slide towards the edge.
I had Bobby on the phone, as I was so scared that if I died I wanted someone to know where I was at. I screamed so loud that I know he lost a couple of years in fright.
Took me 2 hours to get off that mountain. The only other time I have been that scared was when I put the plane down with no gas in that guys yard. Plus I had a bout of IBS and my stomach was all cramped up. Took me 2 days to recover.
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment