Around the bend is the future

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Santa Fe rocks

Arriving in Santa Fe [by way of El Paso and thru White Sands] my first impression was…WOW.
It is a beautiful, clean, colorful town. Great food, interesting architecture, wonderful parks, nice people.
In the morning it is 30 degree's and by early afternoon it changes to the 70's.
Dylan and I spent the first few days wandering around looking and taking photographs of old Churches and windows.
One day I saw an ad for a spa with thermal baths, that you could go and spend the day for $20.
When I got there it turned out that it was "clothing optional" and all of the people there went sans clothes.
So ok, I can handle this. I started in the community pool [with bathing suit on], but that was too much for a good catholic girl. So I moved on to the women's pool. It turned out to be a wonderful spot, outside in the beautiful warm New Mexico weather, the pool was hot and they had a cold pool, then sauna. Very relaxing, after driving for a week.
The next day, we went to http://www.archdiocesesantafe.org/AboutASF/Chimayo.html  the "Lourdes of America" a very tiny old Catholic church up in the mountains. Many people have experienced miracles here.
After the mass, I met a man who was blowing a Shofar in the parking lot. Arthur Lowlow and his wife Janet are committed christians, who make their living making and selling art, jewelry and spice's.
Their 7 yr old daughter played frisbee with Dylan, and thankfully tired him out for the ride.
They introduced me to David, who is in advertising and he gave me a brand new, beautiful aztec blanket.
Santa Fe is definitely on my list of places I might like to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment