Around the bend is the future

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time to chill

So after our frightening experience on the mountain, we arrived in Grand Junction at my brother Bill's home.
It has been a nice, relaxing time here with Bill, his wife Sheila and 11 yr old twins Shannon and Patrick.
I really haven't done anything here except read, watch tv and hang. Shannon and I have become fast friends. It is nice to have a girl to do girly things with. We will be glued to the tv Friday for the Royal Wedding.
Billy would rather watch paint dry. We have had a fun this week discussing the merits of watching this wedding. He thinks more people watch the super bowl. Ha. The number of people expected to watch is 2 billion, 200 TIMES more than Super Bowl 2011.

 It has been unseasonably cold and I seem to be a bit of a bad weather jinx. When I left Md they had a snow storm. After we left NC they had a freak tornado that hit the same area. Then we came thru Texas, and it had terrible wildfires. So my bro thinks when I leave here the nice weather will set in. You hope!!
I went to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church for the Easter week services, and felt the Peace that I was seeking for 2 years. The whole focus was forgiveness, and I am working on that.

This weekend I leave for Mexican Hat Utah, and I am looking forward to the photography there.
This area is right in the heart of Monument Valley, some of the most beautiful and most photographed places in the United States.

 I will be leaving Dylan here as I will be house sitting in Calif and he is bonding with Bill's dog Dusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment