Around the bend is the future

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fancy meeting you here

On my last night in San Diego, I happened to text my daughter Genevieve, and what a surprise, she had just  landed in La with 3 girlfriends on vacation. So I drove up to Newport Beach to have dinner with them. It was a so good to see her, and after dinner they wanted me to stay over with them. So we had a cot put into the room, and got dressed and went out for the evening. I had forgotten what it was like to go to a bar with loud music, and the main purpose was to drink as much as you could in a short period of time.
It was interesting but I came to realize that I much preferred to be home with someone I was comfortable with and not be out looking for the next date. The girls tried, without any success to persuade me to look for a younger man. Even just for the night. No, I am way past that and find it has no appeal for me.
What i want in the future is a REAL man. One who is honest and trustworthy. He must be Compassionate and romantic, and kind.
So after a night of frivolity, I woke up with no hang over, Thank God. And went and sat in the hot tub.
I was only out for about an hour and got a sun burn. My stupidity, I didn’t put any sunscreen on.
On to Beverly Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment