Around the bend is the future

Monday, May 9, 2011

San Diego…YES!

San Diego is living up to all that I have imagined and all the good things, so far, of what I had heard.
Although the weather is not what I expected [64 and rainy cold] it still has all the things I would want out of a city. But it is Maui like. Palm trees, blue water, lots of art and animals. I am almost sold.
I prayed for some kind of sign to tell if this was IT. When I looked for jobs thru AVEDA, they have an opening in….San Diego! Is this the sign GOD? I guess if they actually HIRE me then that would be a confirmation. So all I can do is send in my resume and wait and see. Mean while I will be spending the summer in beautiful Venice Ca. A friend of a friend is going out of town for 3 months and needs someone to watch her dog and cat. That would be me.
I spent my first day here at the San Diego Zoo and touring Balboa which is an artist community.
Today I went to La Jolla, and hung out. Visited ‘Africa and Beyond, a store on the main street that sells african art and masks. Talked to Ian about my own mask collection. So Maybe he could tell me something about the origins of each one.
Then I went down and spent several hours photographing the seals. It was a good day.
Tomorrow I will drive north and if there is nice weather I will go on the mission trail. That is a drive to see the old mission churches. California has a rich history of Catholic priests building churches along the coast. I also want to drive the Pacific Coast drive.
On to Beverly Hills!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you shared the link to your blog with me. I've enjoyed reading it tremendously! Can't wait for you to take some trips up and down the Cali Coast and take beautiful pictures along the way. I can recommend Muir Woods for some communing with your environment. Go to Sausalito and enjoy all the arts, have lunch, then on to Muir Woods. Visit the vineyards. I can see your photographs now in my mind!

    ReplyDelete