Around the bend is the future

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Page Arizona- Antelope Canyons and Horseshoe Bend

Yesterday I drove about 3 hours to Page Arizona, planning to go see the slot canyons. But by the time I got to the hotel, I was exhausted! So I stayed in and took a nap. That is why today I took a tour [the only way to get in the canyons] of Antelope Slots. And I was happy I did. I went with Overland Tours and Dale was the navajo guide. He was very helpful on where to take the best photos and helped me set up my tripod as well as getting other people out of the way for the shots.
I also went up to Horseshoe Bend, which is a beautiful view of a circular canyon with the river going round. My lens was too big to get the best shot, but I plan to come back to Page again as there was so much more to see here and not enough time.
I did notice that there were languages from around the world. I made it a point of saying hello and the looks on some of there faces was of shock. But others were pleasantly startled.
Right now I am in Flagstaff Arizona, but that is a story for another day…..

No comments:

Post a Comment