Around the bend is the future

Monday, May 23, 2011

Santa Monica is cool

This week I am in love with Santa Monica. It is young, and hip and the architecture is fantastic. California cottage meets spanish, craftsman and art deco. And every type of food you could ever hope for. From cheap to world class. The whole edge of Hollywood thing gives it a rich/seedy feel.
I found a Catholic church that had awesome music. It was young and alive, AND it was at 5:30 pm
[which to those of us that move slowly on Sunday is a plus]

And let us not forget the beach!! Beautiful miles of white sand and blue water. What could be better?

This week Connie and I drove about an hour up to Lake Arrowhead, so she could look at property. It was an interesting drive, but somewhat reminiscent of my nightmare drive <see beat death> so I wouldn’t want to do that in the winter months when it snows up there!

But it was a beautiful place with huge trees. The houses look like german ski villa’s. We saw a beautiful house on a golf course with water view, furnished they want $2000 a month.
Considering what things cost in La that was a steal. The thing is you live way up there. And it is cold.

There is also wildlife up there, such as bears as well as lots of deer, raccoons, rattlesnakes …..
A coyote ran right past our car while we were stopped. The blue birds were everywhere.
Nice but, well you know, I am in love with Santa Monica.....This week.

We are planning a trip up to Carmel, so don’t hold me to SM yet.

It has been in the mid/high 60’s since I got here. So I haven’t had the chance to go to the beach yet.
But I had my bike tuned up and will start riding that around the neighborhoods now in stead of driving.
$4.25 a gallon thank you very much. And all of my european friends don’t laugh, because in the US that is ridiculous. Actually I went through places in Arizona where gas is $4.89 but they tack on .45 tax on every gallon.

As Connie lives in Beverly Hills, I have been hanging out there a lot, walking around the store fronts at night, having a coffee at Urth. dinner out doors, at an italian restaurant.
You could get to reallllly like this life.

When I have my own place and Dylan and I are reunited it will feel like home.

 Until then the party go’s on.

No comments:

Post a Comment