Around the bend is the future

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pasadena is flirting with me

Could there BE a more charming city in this part of California? Great architecture, cute shops, plenty of nice restaurants, beautiful craftsman homes on well kept tree lined streets, wonderful old churches, 15 miles from downtown LA, AND…view of snow capped mountains in the winter.
Also good public transportation

Hard to beat.

The weather here right now is perfect. In the morning it is in the low 60’s and the afternoon mid 70’s.
Where as my friends on the east coast are sweating it out with 90+ degrees and high humidity already.
What ever happened to Spring?? It moved to California! Everything is blooming here.

The best part is this is a serious dog state. By that I mean there are dogs everywhere. Most of the rentals here allow dogs,[did you hear that Dylan?] you see people on the streets and shopping areas with their dogs. Even signs that say if you abandon a dog on the street you WILL go to jail! Yeah.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are things here that are negatives. I just haven’t experienced them yet.
Earthquakes [yikes] fires, lots of homeless, high gas prices[I did experience that] high taxes….
But I guess it is a tradeoff.

So far I am willing to trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment